[Live-devel] Delay problem of the first RTCP "SR" packet

David Gessel gessel at blackrosetech.com
Fri Jan 22 03:44:15 PST 2021

Steve,

I am having some issues with sync due to either late or ignored SR packet timestamps. Ross provided a really good answer to my question - to which I owe a response and am working toward (side-quests have intervened as a kernel update once again broke my e1000e network driver and this time the fixes are not fixin' the problem - totally irrelevant to this).

In any event there is a standard defined to extend the RTP packet structure to include NTP time stamps, RFC 6051, precisely to enable more rapid synchronization of multi-source RTSP streams. I feel Live555 would benefit from at least having the capability of optionally adding RFC6051 NTP header extensions.

-David