[Live-devel] [External] Re: live-devel at lists.live555.com

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 17 00:44:41 PDT 2021

> On Mar 17, 2021, at 12:23 AM, Amit Patel <amit.patel at einfochips.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Looks like you are getting me wrong.
> We are looking for receiving audio data on RTSP Server side not RTSP Client side.
> And we are able to get the Audio data on RTSP server side in “handleRequestBytes” function in “liveMedia/RTSPServer.cpp” file.

Sorry, but that makes no sense.  “handleRequestBytes()” is used by the server to receive RTSP *commands*, from RTSP clients.  Our RTSP server never receives media data over the RTSP connection (and never receives media data at all, unless it’s a proxy server).

If you want to use RTSP to deliver media data to a RTSP server (which then, presumably, will deliver the media data again, to front-end clients), then the only way to do that in LIVE555 is to make the RTSP server a proxy server - i.e., see http://live555.com/proxyServer/

If you don’t want to do that, then you’ll have to use some other software.  Sorry.