[Live-devel] Exception with IP determination on certain systems

Thore Mehr Thore.Mehr at luminator.com
Mon May 3 06:32:50 PDT 2021

Hi.
I encountered an exception in GroupsockHelper.cpp in the function getOurIPAddresses(). The problem is my embedded Linux system doesn't fill all the fields resulting from getifaddrs(), in some cases ifa_addr is a nullptr, specifically for can0. So, I think it would be great to add a check for that, probably in the if in line 907.
Regards,
Thore Mehr

Thore Mehr
Software Engineer, Technology Development Center VSS
Luminator Technology Group
Thore.Mehr at luminator.com
https://www.luminator.com

LTG Rastatt GmbH | Office Neumünster Oderstrasse 47 | DE - 24539 Neumünster
Geschäftsführer: Franz Foth, Hans-Joachim Reich | Sitz der Gesellschaft: D-76437 Rastatt, Amtsgericht: Mannheim, HRB 521501
USt.-IdNr: DE144752608, Steuer-Nr: 39487/30502