[Live-devel] Frame loss using a slightly modified testRTSPClient‏‏

Kfir Shtober shtober at tokagroup.com
Mon Oct 4 01:20:46 PDT 2021

Hi,

I'm using the test program "testRTSPClient" to stream video from an IP
camera's RTSP server (with a slight modification - replacing the dummy sink
with the H264VideoFileSink instead).

With low resolutions, I face no problems streaming the video, however, when
the camera is configured with a high resolution (2688x1520) and 20FPS, I
noticed frame losses. It's important to mark that I didn't view any logs
saying the buffers I use are not large enough.

The reason I modified the testRTSPClient is for saving the frames to a file
and playing it.

The CPU usage and memory are low while streaming, so I think it's not a
performance issue... I also don't think it's a network issue as I used
FFmpeg instead of the test, and it worked smoothly

I would appreciate your help,
Thank you,
Kfir