[Live-devel] setlocale 0xc0000374 heap corruption - LOCALE_NOT_USED is OK

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 26 06:21:52 PDT 2021

I didn’t really follow this.  However, I was disturbed by the following:

> By default the NEWLOCALE_NOT_USED is defined and works great when we run up many streaming windows all in separate process's.
> If we use a single process (less memory consumed by NVIDIA graphics) we see an access violation

I hope you are not running more than one thread in "a single process” - because this is not allowed.  LIVE555 code (within a single process) is meant to run as a single thread, using a (single-threaded) event loop for concurrency.  See http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#threads