[Live-devel] Please check this case in Mikey parser.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 14 19:35:52 PDT 2022

> On Apr 14, 2022, at 6:57 PM, 김태호(TAEHO KIM) <taeho07.kim at hanwha.com> wrote:
>
> Hello.
> I’m working on Hanwha Techwin for developing IP Cameras.
>
> Now days, I found out that your live555 supports SRTP with MIKEY.
> Actually, My company’s camera products also support SRTP with MIKEY since 2018(Please check the compatibility with ours)

Yes, please send me a (publicly-accessible) “rtsp://“ URL for a SRTP stream from one of your cameras, and I’ll check to see if it’s compatible.

(Alternatively, you could try this yourself - e.g., using our “openRTSP” command-line RTSP client; see: http://www.live555.com/openRTSP

>  So. I’m testing your mikey parse code with test program “mikeyParser”
> I found that your test program prints something wrong in CS ID map info like below.
[…]
> I think this is caused the evaluation order of fprintf’s arguments.
> So I fix it in the function “Boolean parseMikeyHDR()” like below.
> Please see the final fprintf function.

Thanks for the report.  I’ve just released a new version (2022.04.15) of the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code that fixes this bug.

> PS. In get4Bytes() and get2Bytes() function, is there no need to use ntohl() and ntohs() functions?

No, because MIKEY always uses ’network byte order’ - i.e., ‘big endian’; see RFC 3830, section 6.