[Live-devel] H264 stream timestamps jumping backwards with proxy

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 27 12:25:33 PDT 2022

> On Apr 27, 2022, at 12:09 PM, Juho Ylikorpi <juho.ylikorpi at node.fi> wrote:
>
> we see this happening only when there are multiple proxy processes running parallel.

What do you mean by this?  Are you referring to multiple ‘front-end’ clients accessing a single proxy server (serving a single ‘back-end’ server)?  Or are you talking about a proxy server with multiple ‘back-end’ servers?

(I assume you don’t literally mean “multiple proxy processes running parallel” because, of course, if you run multiple copies of the proxy server (as separate processes), then they will not interact at all.  And, of course, you can’t run any LIVE555 code as multiple *threads* (within a single process), because the code is intended to be single-threaded, using an event loop for concurrency.)