[Live-devel] [Mirasys] Live555 RTSP server questions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 12 02:32:49 PST 2022

> On Jan 12, 2022, at 11:20 PM, Victor Vitkovskiy <victor.vitkovskiy at mirasys.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Ross,
>
> Got it, thanks, I will try.
>
> According to this:
>>> Our RTSP server code does this (detect/manage the connection/disconnection of clients) for you
> We need to detect client connect to RTSP server to launch stream from IP camera, those streams may be down in case of no RTSP clients wants to get stream.
> So that's why I need to detect when new RTSP client want to receive stream from RTSP server and also when client is done with stream receiving.

You can use your “doGetNextFrame()” implementation (in your “FramedSource” subclass) to do this.  That function won’t get called until a client connects (and sends a RTSP “PLAY” command to request data).

(Also, you can use your “FramedSource” subclass’s destructor to detect when the last client has gone.)