[Live-devel] [Mirasys] Live555 RTSP server questions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 26 04:02:38 PST 2022

> On Jan 26, 2022, at 10:28 PM, Victor Vitkovskiy <victor.vitkovskiy at mirasys.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Ross,
>
> Thank you for information.
>
> I have tried like you said, but I have this error:
> MultiFramedRTPSink::afterGettingFrame1(): The input frame data was too large for our buffer size (30480).  26917 bytes of trailing data was dropped!  Correct this by increasing "OutPacketBuffer::maxSize" to at least 56917, *before* creating this 'RTPSink'.  (Current value is 30000.)
> I have set OutPacketBuffer::maxSize to 30000 and frame in this case is 56917.
> I copied 30000 bytes to fTo buffer and set fFrameSize to fMaxSize value (30000), also fNumTruncatedBytes is 26917.
>
> Seems that we need to add also RTP header data to this 30000 buffer (480 bytes) and that’s why I have an error, is this correct?

No.  Our software automatically takes the size of the RTP header (which, BTW, is 12 bytes, note 480 bytes) into account.  You don’t have to care about this.

Your problem is that your value of "OutPacketBuffer::maxSize” is too low.  I suggest setting it to 300000, as is done in “testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp”.