[Live-devel] [Mirasys] Live555 RTSP server questions

Victor Vitkovskiy victor.vitkovskiy at mirasys.com
Fri Jan 28 01:15:42 PST 2022

Hello Ross,

Could you please advise me how to shutdown RTSP server completely and free all resources used by it?

Code example:
////////////////////
RTSPServer* rtspServer = MirasysRTSPServer::createNew(*env, port, authDB);
    if (rtspServer == NULL) {
        *env << "Failed to create RTSP server: " << env->getResultMsg() << "\n";
        exit(1);
    }

// Adding server sessions and subsessions

env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop(&stop); // does not return

// close RTSP server
Medium::close(rtspServer);

// free environment & scheduler
auto res = env->reclaim();
delete scheduler;
////////////////////

But env->reclaim() call returns False, because of this:
Boolean UsageEnvironment::reclaim() {
  // We delete ourselves only if we have no remainining state:
  if (liveMediaPriv == NULL && groupsockPriv == NULL) {
    delete this;
    return True;
  }
  return False;
}

liveMediaPriv is not null, so it is not removed.
Could you please advise me how to make this liveMediaPriv null? What should be called to do this?

Best regards,
Victor Vitkovskiy
Senior software developer
mailto: victor.vitkovskiy at mirasys.com