[Live-devel] UAF report

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 17 08:35:18 PDT 2022

Unfortunately, right now I’m not able to reproduce this crash.  I changed the server (“testOnDemandRTSPServer”) to use only Session Id 8888 (000022B8 in hex).  And I wrote a client application that reads your “cull11” file, successively reading a 4-byte length field, then a length-field-sized data block, and then writing this data block to the RTSP TCP socket.

The server handles this data (each of the three blocks of data: 189 bytes, 208 bytes, 950 bytes) OK, with no crash.

Also, when I run the server under “valgrind”, I see no report of any error.

Are you sure that your server code is using the latest version  of the LIVE555 code - in particular, these three files (in the “liveMedia” directory):
	MatroskaFile.cpp
	MatroskaFileParser.cpp
	MatroskaFileServerDemux.cpp
?