[Live-devel] Setting KLV codec

Weber, Patrick Patrick.Weber at iecinfrared.com
Thu Mar 10 09:07:17 PST 2022

>> What is the ?codec ID??

 While I was hoping you'd know, I rather expected this response. Let me ask the customer which RFC/standard he's referring to & I'll get back with you. I suspect he's looking for a media description with codec name & ID; here's his question to me:

"When working with the video stream, the codec for the data stream is reported as "Data: none". This is easily seen with the FFMPEG tool (ffprobe rtsp://192.168.0.40/Primary). Generally when working with KLV data streams the codec should be set to KLV (id: 100356). When you create the stream is this something that you can specify?"

I'm not sure why he want this, he seems to be able to get the metadata just fine. I'll let you know when I get more information.

Thanks for the quick response!

- Patrick