[Live-devel] Setting KLV codec

Weber, Patrick Patrick.Weber at iecinfrared.com
Thu Mar 10 12:23:40 PST 2022

>> I suspect that the FFMPEG tool that your customer is using (?ffprobe?) just happens to not recognize this RTP payload format (?>> application/smpte336m?).  And then your customer is getting confused, and thinking that there?s a problem with the KLV data >> in the stream, when there isn?t.  His ?problem? is likely just with ?ffprobe?.

This is exactly the case. I've been digging through the ffmpeg source: the mysterious "id: 100356" is an ffmpeg enumeration member (AV_CODEC_ID_SMPTE_KLV). Apparently the sdp_parse_rtpmap function doesn't know how to interpret "a=rtpmap:97 smpte336m/90000". This is an issue with their toolset.

Thanks again for looking into this!

- Pat