[Live-devel] [Mirasys] Live555 RTSP server questions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 10 22:50:50 PST 2022

> On Mar 11, 2022, at 7:37 PM, Victor Vitkovskiy <victor.vitkovskiy at mirasys.com> wrote:
>
> If we compare with VLC - it can receive all frames correctly in this setup, so that's why I am asking you is this is possible to tune / speedup Live555 RTSP client somehow.

Note that VLC also uses the LIVE555 library for its RTSP client implementation.  If necessary, you could look at VLC’s code to see how it’s using the LIVE555 library (in particular, if/how it calls “increaseReceiverBufferTo()”).

But I wonder if the problem that you’re seeing is caused by the fact that the “testRTSPClient” demo application produces a line of output for every NAL unit that it receives?  This might be slowing down the client enough to lose some incoming packets?

Instead, you could try running “openRTSP” instead; see
	http://live555.com/openRTSP/
I suggest running it with the -d <duration> and -Q options, so that it will output statistics (including packet loss statistics) after it ends.