[Live-devel] Always dropping the first frame?

Alex Agranovsky alex at sighthound.com
Tue May 17 14:33:43 PDT 2022

Server-side: using stock live555MediaServer running on macOS.

Client-side:

- The problem occurs regardless of transport (both TCP and UDP)
- The problem is seen with our code using RTSPClient API
- The problem doesn't occur with testRTSPClient. Currently looking at
possible implementation differences (not finding a whole lot, yet)

Clearly, all the packets that comprise the first frame are received over
the wire (I check the size of the discarded packets, and it adds up to
the total of the first frame size). However, the content of the first
packet is different, somehow. Not sure what could cause it -- still looking.