[Live-devel] Building with C++ version less than 20

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Aug 27 20:05:36 PDT 2023

> On Aug 27, 2023, at 7:55 PM, Jörg Dommaschk via live-devel <live-devel at us.live555.com> wrote:
>
> However, I am still not sure you are checking the version in the right way. Because what you posted looks like you redefine the macro somewhere in your code.

No, the code doesn’t redefine “__cplusplus” anywhere.  In each of the two systems (FreeBSD and Mac OS X) that I tested, the compiler is telling me the value of “__cplusplus” (201402L and 199711L, respectively), and it’s telling me where it’s *defined* (not ‘redefined’) - in something called "<built-in>”.

> The __cplusplus macro just informs you about what the compiler uses.

And that’s what I’m reporting.

> If you really want to convince me, don't redefine it anywhere, just print it.

Again, that’s what I’m doing.