[Live-devel] HEVC RTSP Client can only get 1/3 of the frame

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Feb 1 20:28:37 PST 2023

First, when replying to a mailing list digest, please trim your message, and correct the subject line.  (This is basic email ’netiquette’; because of this, all future emails from you to the list will be moderated.)

There is no bug in the LIVE555 code.  There is perhaps a bug in the custom code that the server uses to feed NAL units from the camera to the server.

In particular...

> and this is the call back function for afterGettingFrame
>
> void afterGettingFrame(void* clientData, unsigned frameSize, unsigned numTruncatedBytes, struct timeval presentationTime, unsigned /*durationInMicroseconds*/)

What is the value of the “numTruncatedBytes” parameter to this call?  If it’s >0, then this means that the supplied buffer size (the “maxSize” parameter to the call to “getNextFrame()” was too small, and needs to be increased.

Once again:

> Are you seeing any server error messages (to ?stdout?) like "The input frame data was too large for our buffer size??

Because this custom code is something that only you know about, only you can fix it.