Live555 with Visual Studio 2022

Willdoner Christian Christian.Willdoner at voestalpine.com
Tue Jun 20 23:27:17 PDT 2023

Hello,

I was using the Live555 library with Visual Studio 2019 and Windows 10, namely I compiled the BasicUsageEnvironment, groupsock, liveMedia and UsageEnvironment packages as .lib and the header Files, and in my overall project where I included those libraries and headers everything was compiling fine.
The only thing I had to do was to comment out

#include <winsock2.h>
#include <ws2tcpip.h>

in groupsock/include/NetCommon.h to avoid redeclaration errors.

Now we switched to Visual Studio 2022 and numerous errors occur, e.g. the compiler errors in FramedSource.hh where in line 79 it says the declaration of FramedSource::fPresentationTime uses undefined struct timeval
I have attached an output of the compiler.
Googling the problem did not help me, therefore I am asking you if those errors are known in conjunction with VS 2022 Professional Edition, Windows SDK 10.0.20348.0, v143 Platform Toolset and/or if you have any advice?

Thank you in advance!
Best regards
Christian Willdoner
_________________________________