[Live-devel] Setting RTSP Client port number as opposed to ephemeral port number via negotiation

Faisal, Manir Manir.Faisal at mda.space
Wed Jun 21 14:08:26 PDT 2023

Hello,

We are running into an issue where in we would like the server (camera) to send data to a specific client port. I believe what we are doing is the right approach i.e. utilizing the setClientPortNum() to set the appropriate port number and then verifying it with clientPortNum() of the MediaSubSession class. Looking at the log output file, the values are the same. However, with Wireshark we are not able to see any packets being sent over that port. We utilized testRTSPClient.cpp as a reference to build our version of the code.

I am not sure what we are doing wrong here. Usually, with the testRTSPClient app, the client port numbers are negotiated and assigned an ephemeral port number. This is what we are trying to avoid and request to send to a certain port number instead.

Regards,
Manir

The information transmitted by and/or attached to this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. This email and any attachments may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, be aware that any use, review, retransmission, distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.

Les renseignements transmis par ou joints au pr?sent courrier ?lectronique sont destin?s uniquement ? la personne ou ? l'entit? ? laquelle ils sont adress?s. Le pr?sent courrier ?lectronique et toute pi?ce jointe peuvent contenir des renseignements exclusifs, confidentiels ou privil?gi?s. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire de ce message, veuillez noter que toute utilisation, r?vision, retransmission, distribution, reproduction ou toute action entreprise sur la base de ce message est strictement interdite. Si vous avez re?u ce message par erreur, veuillez communiquer avec l'exp?diteur et supprimer le contenu de tous les ordinateurs.