Get IP address of redirected RTSP servers

Liu, Eric liuri at amazon.com
Mon May 22 20:00:21 PDT 2023

Hi,

I’m using the live555 RTSP client to connect to an RTSP server (server A) that redirects to the actual source of the video stream, server B. This works well out of the box and the client is able to receive frames from server B as expected. However, my use case requires me to additionally be able to get the ip address of server B. Is this possible with the live555 library, either by registering a callback or some other method? As a bonus, it would be great if there is a method to get the ip address of all intermediate redirects – for example, if my client connects to server A which redirects to server B which redirects to server C, is it possible to get the ip addresses of both server B and C?

I’ve looked through the source code and documentation to try and figure this out myself. So far, I’ve only found a private method (handleResponseBytes) in the RTSPClient class that handles redirection, and from that it seems like the logic for redirection is abstracted away such that the higher level callbacks registered through sendDescribeCommand, sendSetupCommand, etc would not be able to get any information (like the ip address) about the redirected servers. Is there some other way to get the ip address of the redirected servers? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thanks,
Eric Liu