[Live-devel] Get IP address of redirected RTSP servers

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue May 23 13:47:01 PDT 2023

> On May 23, 2023, at 1:27 PM, Liu, Eric via live-devel <live-devel at us.live555.com> wrote:
>

> From: "Liu, Eric" <liuri at amazon.com>
> Subject: Re: [Live-devel] Get IP address of redirected RTSP servers
> Date: May 23, 2023 at 1:27:34 PM PDT
> To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use <live-devel at us.live555.com>
>

> Hi Ross,
>
> Thanks for your response. Do you know if the ip address returned by these functions (connectionEndpointName,  getConnectionEndpointAddress) are specified by the end server or determined by the library? I'm testing this out and unfortunately the ip address does not seem to be set (it is always null or 0).

The IP address is the one that the server (is supposed to) send in its response to each RTSP “SETUP” command, as the “source=“ parameter.  You can see this (“SETUP” response) by running “testRTSPClient” or “openRTSP”.  Remember: You need to wait until you have (successfully) done a RTSP “SETUP” before checking this.