[Live-devel] RTSP to a defined destination address where Client and Destination address is different

Faisal, Manir Manir.Faisal at mda.space
Tue May 30 20:29:42 PDT 2023

Hello,

I have recently started working with the live555 library to utilize it for a simple RTSP transmission from an IP camera into a dedicated destination address which is not the client. I have been testing out the testRTSPClient file under testProgs.

Essentially, what I am trying to achieve is requesting from server (IP camera) to stream RTSP and route the transmission to another destination. So far the transmission is sent back to the requested client which makes sense.
I need to specify a custom RTP destination address and port. According to RTSP specification client can specify RTP destination address RFC 2326 - Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) (ietf.org) but is not encouraged due to potential DoS attacks?

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D9934E.9B9E5F40]

Setting the following <...>destination=192.168.1.21;client_port=13000-13004<...>, the rtp streams don't come to 192.168.1.21. I was wondering if the transmission can be routed to a defined destination address as shown above.

*         If so, it should be in multicast/ unicast manner? I think it can only be multicast as the supported RTSP protocol by the library is V1.0?

*         If so, can I get recommended on which test file should I be looking more closely?

*         This brings me down to ask whether the supported RTSP protocol by live555 is 1.0 (RFC 2326) only and can it be switched to 2.0 (RFC 7826)?

I truly appreciate your time and effort on this. I eagarly wait for your response.

Regards,
Manir