[Live-devel] Possible concurrency issue with triggerEvent()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed May 31 14:41:02 PDT 2023

I’m really not interested in engaging in random speculation about this, because (based on experience) that quickly becomes a ’rat hole’.

If you have definitive proof that there’s a race condition that’s causing your problem, then I’m interested in hearing about it.  But your problem might well have some other cause.

For the record, here is the lone statement that updates “fTriggersAwaitingHandling” in our implementation of “triggerEvent()” - the only place where that variable can be updated by a non-LIVE555 thread:
	fTriggersAwaitingHandling |= eventTriggerId;