[Live-devel] Retrieving buffers of data from an RTSP derived stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Nov 28 03:56:30 PST 2023

> On Nov 29, 2023, at 12:41 AM, Andy Hawkins <Andy.Hawkins at uniguest.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I need to set up an RTSP client, and use a custom buffer class for all of the data that is retrieved in order to process it as it comes in.  Similarly, I need to create a servable RTSP stream, and be able to provide buffers of data to it.

I think you’re over-thinking the problem; it’s really quite simple.

For example, look at the code for the “testRTSPClient” demo application (in the “testProgs” directory).  Look at the implementation of “DummySink” (“testRTSPClient.cpp”, line 508).  You would do the same thing here, except that you want to process the data that has just been read (to “fReceiveBuffer”, of length “frameSize”).

>> From what I can see by tracing through the using the ProxyServerMediaSession class

This is a ‘red herring’.  You’re just writing a RTSP client, not a proxy server.