[Live-devel] Retrieving buffers of data from an RTSP derived stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Nov 28 08:59:11 PST 2023

> On Nov 29, 2023, at 5:11 AM, Andy Hawkins <Andy.Hawkins at uniguest.com> wrote:
>
> The device receiving the RTSP stream is different to the device that will be regenerating it. The stream needs to be passed over a proprietary network protocol, which is why I need to be able to capture the raw video / audio data at one end, and then provide it to an RTSP server at the other.

First, look at the “testOnDemandRTSPServer” demo application (in “testProgs”), to see how various kinds of media can be packaged and streamed by a RTSP server.  You might also find the “ByteStreamMemoryBufferSource” class useful (as a media source for your RTSP server).  You should also review this FAQ entry:
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast

(But because you are using a proprietary, non-standard protocol to deliver your media data, there’s probably not much more support I can continue to give ‘for free’ on this mailing list.)