[Live-devel] openRTSP, h265 and mp4

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 16 17:32:25 PDT 2024

> On Apr 16, 2024, at 2:43 PM, Denis Gottardello <info at denisgottardello.it> wrote:
>

> Hi, have you plan to implement h265 as codec for mp4 container?
> I'm using this command line
> ./openRTSP rtsp://localhost:554/proxyStream-6
> but I obtain 2 file: one for audio and a second one for video.

Because that’s how “openRTSP” works by default; see
	http://live555.com/openRTSP/#basic

You can, however, ask that the separate audio and video streams get combined into a single file; see
	http://live555.com/openRTSP/#quicktime

However, we don’t yet have the ability to write H.265 video into a MP4 file (currently, only H.264).  That will probably be easy to implement; I will likely do it soon.