[Live-devel] How many proxies in a single instance of live555ProxyServer

dan_desjardins dan.desjardins at videstra.com
Mon Apr 29 19:37:17 PDT 2024

Ross, et al:
Has anyone discovered how many rtsp proxies can be handled by the live555ProxyServer?  I know this is a lot like asking how long is a rope, but I'd like to know if there is a hard and/or practical limit.  I have one service today running 86 proxies and the CPU handling it is running at about 37%.  It's a 4 processor virtual machine, but since the live555Proxy is single threaded we're pretty much crowded into the one processor.
The IO seems to be handling things well for now.  With the low CPU usage I figure I'll run out of IO before I run out of CPU overhead...

Des