[Live-devel] Question about live555proxyServer log

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Feb 1 00:39:10 PST 2024

> On Jan 31, 2024, at 5:08 AM, Denis Gottardello <info at denisgottardello.it> wrote:
>

> Hi, I have this output from the server. What it meas?
>
> MultiFramedRTPSink::afterGettingFrame1(): The input frame data was too large for our buffer size (100176).  38444 bytes of trailing data was dropped!  Correct this by increasing "OutPacketBuffer::maxSize" to at least 138444, *before* creating this 'RTPSink'.  (Current value is 100000.)

This means what it says.  Your server (in this case, the LIVE555 Proxy Server) has received a frame that is too large for its buffer (100000 bytes).  This is most likely a H.264/H.265 ‘key frame’.

The best solution here is to reconfigure your video source (i.e., your IP camera(s)) to encode each ‘key frame’ as a series of H.264/H.265 slice NAL units, rather than a single, very large NAL unit.

(The worst solution is to increase the size of "OutPacketBuffer::maxSize”.)