[Live-devel] Corrupted h264 frame when encoding bitrate is high

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 6 06:08:43 PST 2024

> On Feb 7, 2024, at 3:01 AM, Ayik Ahmet <a.ayik at constantrobotics.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings,  My rtsp server works well when encoding frame is under 3mbps in full hd frame. After this value I see corrupted frames sometimes. I have increades OutputPacket::maxSize to even 12 Megabytes but still same problem. I have each frame as 1 slice. Is there any configuration I can set from live555 side to handle this hd frames properly?

Once again: Very large ‘key frames’ should be encoded as several H.264 ‘slices’ - not just one.  Otherwise each key frame will be streamed as a very large number of consecutive RTP packets, and the loss of even one of these RTP packets will cause the entire frame to be useless and unrenderable to a receiver.