[Live-devel] StatsIterator sometimes doesn't return any stats

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Feb 19 06:37:05 PST 2024

> On Feb 20, 2024, at 3:02 AM, Andy Hawkins <Andy.Hawkins at uniguest.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Apologies for the delay in testing this. I've just run it up, and I'm still seeing that occasionally there is only one set of stats being returned for the two sources.
>
> I should perhaps clarify, that for 'reasons', the stream is actually being passed through the live555 RTSP proxy twice (it's in the office and is only available via VPN, so I've got one instance fetching it over the VPN, then the second instance running on the end device). It's on this 'second' RTSP proxy that I'm seeing these 'missing' stats.

I assume that both copies of the proxy server have been updated to use the latest version of the code.

If so, then try changing
                        while ((Stats = StatsIterator.next()) != NULL)
in your code to
                        while ((Stats = StatsIterator.next(True)) != NULL)
to ensure that you include all sources - even those that occurred before a ‘reset’ of the source streams.