[Live-devel] StatsIterator sometimes doesn't return any stats

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Feb 22 05:59:04 PST 2024

> On Feb 23, 2024, at 12:28 AM, Andy Hawkins <Andy.Hawkins at uniguest.com> wrote:
>
> Just an update on this. I've now got the camera in the same network as the proxy, and I'm still seeing occasional losses of the 'stats' for a particular source, even with the new code applied.

Did you do the following, as I recommended in my last email?

———
Try changing
                        while ((Stats = StatsIterator.next()) != NULL)
in your code to
                        while ((Stats = StatsIterator.next(True)) != NULL)
to ensure that you include all sources - even those that occurred before a ‘reset’ of the source streams.
———

If so, then I don’t see how this could still be happening (as there should no longer be anywhere in the code that is removing “RTPReceptionStats” records.  You’re going to have to track down this apparent bug in the LIVE555 code yourself.