[Live-devel] RTSP server on live555 start send client on I-Frame (h264)

Худаев Илья hudaev at domination.one
Mon Feb 26 21:11:35 PST 2024

I wrote a simple RTSP server with a dummy realtime source.

I used the ffmpeg library as a source for the encoder and wrote a class that
encodes something all the time.

I took most of the code from here
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19427576/live555-x264-stream-live-sourc
e-based-on-testondemandrtspserver#answer-21412719> Live555: X264 Stream Live
source based on "testOnDemandRTSPServer".

When a new client connects, it starts receiving packets from the one that is
currently coming from the encoder. This can be a P-frame or an I-frame. How
can I make the new client start receiving data from the last GOP (SPS, PPS
and I-FRAME)?

That is, when the client connects, the first data that he will receive was a
NAL unit including 0x67 (SPS), 0x68 (PPS), 0x65 (I-frame).

I am guaranteed to include SPS, PPS every GOP (in my case every 14 frames)

E-mail: hudaev at domination.one <mailto:hudaev at domination.one>