[Live-devel] live555 as video surveillance system

Denis Gottardello info at denisgottardello.it
Sat Jun 1 11:58:31 PDT 2024

Hi, I'm using live555 as videosurceillance system.
I know it is not the right way to use it.
My installation has got 3 types of cameras (9 cameras in total).
I have different problems:
- In my syslog file I have the error
"RTCPInstance error: Hit limit when reading incoming packet over TCP.
(fNumBytesAlreadyRead (1438) >= maxRTCPPacketSize (1438)).  The remote endpoint is
using a buggy implementation of RTP/RTCP-over-TCP.  Please upgrade it!"
I can't upgrade the camera. What can I do in order to adapt live555 to the camera?
- Sometimes I have to restart the cameras. The rtsp socket seems to be unavailable
though I can watch the camera with the camera app.

What do you think about?

--
+39.347.4070897
http://www.labcsp.com[1]