[Live-devel] Difference between live555ProxyServer and openRTSP

Denis Gottardello info at denisgottardello.it
Wed Jun 5 01:06:42 PDT 2024

Hi, as I have written in the past days I have problem with live555ProxyServer and a new
videocamera based in h265.
The videocamera doesn't work un udp and its tcp implementation has got the following
problem:

RTCPInstance error: Hit limit when reading incoming packet over TCP.
(fNumBytesAlreadyRead (1438) >= maxRTCPPacketSize (1438)).  The remote endpoint is
using a buggy implementation of RTP/RTCP-over-TCP.  Please upgrade it!"

The vendor does not give me support. So I have tried to connect to it with openRTSP to
store the live to file.
openRTSP works perfectly, without to give me error. The stored video is perfect.
Which is the difference between live555ProxyServer and openRTSP? Maybe openRTSP
supports the not well made devices too?

--
+39.347.4070897
http://www.labcsp.com[1]