[Live-devel] Issues with testOnDemandRTSPServer receiving raw multicast M2T stream to RTSP

Andy Hawkins Andy.Hawkins at uniguest.com
Tue Jun 11 03:36:15 PDT 2024

Hi,

We previously had some issues with receiving raw multicast M2T streams in testOnDemandRTSPServer, that were addressed in a fix in v2024.04.19. However, we are still seeing some similar problems with this.

They're very intermittent so have been quite hard to track down. However, it seems​ to be triggered when a client disconnects without properly terminating the RTSP transaction. If we wait for some time for the reception to be stopped in testOnDemandRTSPServer due to (presumably) a client socket being timed out, when we reattach a client we again get issues where the stream doesn't play correctly.

Could there be some difference in the cleanup case between a 'clean' RTSP transaction being completed (the client sending a 'TEARDOWN' message) and the case where the client just disappears?

As I say, it's been quite hard to recreate this reliably, so it's difficult to provide much more information than this. We have found that ffplay does seem to just exit without sending the 'TEARDOWN' (it just closes the RTSP connection on exit), which might help in recreating the issue.

Thanks as ever

Andy