[Live-devel] Technical inquiry

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 25 18:38:40 PDT 2024

> On Jun 25, 2024, at 6:31 PM, 강현구 <hyungu.kang at autol.co.kr> wrote:
>
> Thank you for your quick reply.
>
> I want to stream via IP unicast.
> For this purpose, I am inheriting and using the OnDemandServerMediaSubsession object.
>
> You said I was using mixed code.
> Please explain what part is wrong or what part of the code is for multicast streaming.

The part of your code where you
	- chose a random IP multicast address, and
	- created a “Groupsock” object that uses that address
This code is useful only when you are streaming via multicast.

Nonetheless, you should use that code as a model for your application.  See http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast