[Live-devel] RTSP server on live555 start send client on I-Frame (h264)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Mar 10 10:34:44 PDT 2024

> On Mar 11, 2024, at 4:08 AM, dan_desjardins <dan.desjardins at videstra.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry if this appear dumb, but why not just throw everything away until you receive an I-Frame.

As I noted before, the OP could program his video input source to do this - which would give him what he wants if there is only one client accessing the stream at a time.

However, because of the way that the server is implemented (it sends the exact same data to each concurrent client), if a client connects to the server while it is already streaming to another client, then this new client will not (necessarily) get data that starts with an I-frame.