[Live-devel] Heap Use-After-Free Bug(1) in live555 (2024-09-29)

박상준 sangjuns at kaist.ac.kr
Tue Oct 8 23:56:32 PDT 2024

Hello,
My name is Sangjun Park, and I am a fuzzing researcher. I have discovered a heap use-after-free (UAF) vulnerability in the live555 streaming media server (version 2024-09-29), running on Ubuntu 20.04. The issue occurs when the server processes a sequence of SETUP -> PLAY -> POST requests from a client, leading to a heap UAF condition. You can easily reproduce the issue by following the steps outlined in the attached README.md file.
Additionally, I have provided the ASAN report and a reproducible test case, which you can access via the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19cNjRMTi41Y3wNzg6yCX2xp89NiEakfz/view?usp=sharing
Best regards, Sangjun Park