[Live-devel] Question about MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Dec 7 22:18:19 PST 2003

At 10:16 PM 12/4/03, you wrote:
>It appears to me that the BufferedPacket::use() method can truncate RTP
>packets that do not fit in the caller's buffer passed to getNextFrame().
>Specifically, in LIVE.com release 2003.08.07,

Note that, in general, support is provided for the latest version of the
code only.  So, developers should make sure they're using the latest
version of the code when they run into a problem.

>MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp:348 reads:
>
>   fHead += (newFramePtr - origFramePtr) + frameSize;
>
>Since only 'bytesUsed' bytes were copied to the caller's buffer, I think
>the line should read:
>
>   fHead += (newFramePtr - origFramePtr) + bytesUsed;

Note that - three lines above this - is the statement:
         bytesUsed = frameSize
so, these two statements are equivalent.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>