[Live-devel] How can I get a file named *.m4v?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sat Dec 13 21:00:13 PST 2003

>    I find I can run openRTSP to connect
> with  rtsp://www.homenetcomm.co.uk/pda.sdp.
>But openRTSP shows
>"Started playing session
>Receiving streamed data..."
>then it is running and never stops.

This is apparently because you are behind a firewall that blocks UDP
packets.  (Note that TCP packets (for the RTSP protocol) are getting
through, but not the RTP data packets (UDP).)

You can overcome this by adding the "-t" flag to "openRTSP".  This tells
the server to stream RTP packets over the RTSP TCP connection, rather than
using UDP packets.

>I use QuickTime to play the file with URL: rtsp://www.homenetcomm.co.uk/pda.sd
[...]
>  What I want to know is if I can get the file named
>  video-MP4V-ES-<something> in this case by openRTSP.

By adding the "-t" flag to "openRTSP", you should be able to play that URL,
and get a raw MPEG-4 video file.  However, you probably won't be able to
stream *that* file using "testMPEG4VideoStreamer", because that stream's
'config' information (included in the SDP description that's returned by
the RTSP "DESCRIBE" command) does not include "Visual Object Sequence" or
"Visual Object" headers.

Instead, I suggest trying some other "rtsp://" URL - for example:
         rtsp://stream.macwebcaster.com/camp03/murata.mp4
         rtsp://christianchallenge.org:554/ccistream/sunday.mp4

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>