[Live-devel] How can I get a file named *.m4v?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Dec 15 01:58:57 PST 2003

At 11:24 PM 12/14/03, you wrote:
>Sorry, I still cannot get *.m4v files. What I had done is like the following:
>openRTSP -V -n -t rtsp://christianchallenge.org:554/ccistream/sunday.mp4
>then it shows
>"Started playing session
>Warning:specified end time 3539.67 exceeds maximum2147.48; will not do a
>delayed shutdown.
>Receiving streamed data..."
>and the output files' size is always 0 bytes in the directory.

That's very strange.  Because you use the "-n" option, "openRTSP" should print

         Data packets have begun arriving [<timestamp>]
after printing
         Receiving streamed data...

But, for some reason, you're not receiving any RTP packets.  This doesn't
make sense to me, because you have asked (using the "-t" option) to receive
RTP packets over the RTSP (TCP) connection, and you are already receiving
RTSP responses (also over the RTSP connection) OK.

(As always, make sure that you are using a recent version of the "LIVE.COM
Streaming Media" code - version 2003.11.19 or later.)

By the way, the code that handles incoming RTP-over-RTSP packets is
         "SocketDescriptor::tcpReadHandler()"
in "liveMedia/RTPInterface.cpp".  You might want to check whether this
function is being called at all.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>