[Live-devel] How can I get a file named *.m4v?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Dec 16 21:51:37 PST 2003

At 07:58 PM 12/16/03, you wrote:
>Hi,
>  I try the following:
>     openRTSP -V -n rtsp://192.192.192.51:7070/
>It shows:
>    Started playing session
>    Receiving streamed data...
>
>Note there is not a line " Data packets have begun arriving [<timestamp>]"

Make sure that you are running "testMPEG4VideoStreamer" and "openRTSP" on
the same multicast-enabled network - e.g., on the same LAN (or on the same
computer).  Remember that the "testStreamer" applications stream via
multicast, so it and your receiver(s) need to be on a network over which
multicast packets can flow.

Also, if you are running Windows XP (for either "testMPEG4VideoStreamer" or
"openRTSP"/QuickTime Player), then remember to turn its firewall *off*.

Apart from this, I don't know what to suggest.  Sorry.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>