[Live-devel] openRTSP and H.263

Norbert Donath Norbert.Donath at sigos.de
Fri Dec 19 16:57:54 PST 2003

Hi,

I tried to download a H.263 stream with openRTSP. The stream had 2
subsessions: audio/AMR and video/H263-2000.

Unfortunately, openRTSP exited because both types where not
supported. I expected that H263-2000 to be supported and AMR to be
supported since the update on 2003/09/01.

I looked in the source code and I think AMR is only supported for
building a server, not for building a client. I only found
AMRAudioFileSource and AMRAudioFileSink. Is this correct or did I just
miss something?

The problem with H263-2000 is that openRTSP only supports H263-1998. I
patched the source so that H263plusVideoRTPSource is also used in case
of H263-2000 (I simply added another strcmp to the line in
MediaSession.cpp). As my copy of mplayer was not compiled with support
for H.263 I couldn't check if that patch works. Does anybody know if
it's that easy?

Best Regards,
Norbert

--