[Live-devel] mpeg4 video multicast streaming

Xia Frank Xia at flarion.com
Tue Dec 23 12:25:05 PST 2003

Hello:
I tried to do MPEG4 video multicast streaming. on the server side I run
testMPEG4VideoStreamer, on the client side I run MPlayer. To create the
MPEG4 elementary video stream, I used ffmpeg and did the following:
	ffmpeg -i test.avi -vcodec mpeg4 -f m4v test.m4v
but the streaming doesn't work.  then this lead me to the following 2
questions:

1. what's the MPEG4 elementary video stream and how can I generate it from
my existing files like avi file?
2. what's the right version of MPlayer I should use to player mpeg4 video
stream? currently I am using MPlayer-0.90rc4

I would be appreciated if someone can help me here.

Frank
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not
the intended recipient please
contact the sender and delete all copies.