[Live-devel] Use of live.com by VLC (VideoLAN)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Nov 25 09:32:59 PST 2003

>  It is to inform you that I have added RTSP and SDP player capabilities
>to VLC (www.videolan.org) using live.com library.
>
>  For now, the support is still experimental (only CVS) but it will be
>in our next release.

That's great news!  Well done; I'm looking forward to trying this.

>  Play works pretty fine (at least MPEG I/II/4 audio/video have been
>tested), seek is sometime a bit broken. (RTP over RTSP doesn't work
>properly and TS/PS streams aren't supported.)

Note that MPEG System, Transport, and Program Streams in RTP (the MIME
subtypes "MP1S", "MP2T", and "MP2P") are implemented in the LIVE.COM
library using "SimpleRTPSource" (see "liveMedia/MediaSession.cpp").  I
haven't extensively tested this, but these types are supported in the library.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>