[Live-devel] Problems recording video

Joe Davis jdvid at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 27 15:26:33 PST 2003

Hi

These test programs are really helpful, thanks. I am having a problem
though. I created and MPEG1 file and used it with testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.

I started testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer and testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver on the
same Linux machine and was able to record the MPEG1 file to foo.mpg.

However, when I run testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer on one Linux box and
testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver on another Linux box the foo.mpg file is always 0
bytes and nothing gets recorded. I have a Windows machine also connected to
this network (hub) and am able to see the streaming video in Quicktime using
your .sdp files.

I have not modified the programs in any way.

Do you know what I am doing wrong or what I have not setup correctly.

Thanks
Joe