[Live-devel] streaming WAV files...

Matthew Romaine Matthew.Romaine at jp.sony.com
Thu Apr 8 16:59:15 PDT 2004

Hi Ross,

Seems the streaming of WAV files is a tad challenging.  I've been
having a similar problem as another poster -- streaming mp3 works fine,
but streaming WAV produces noise on the receiving end.  I've tried a
few different wav files to be sure it's not the source; i've also tried
it on OSX and WinXP versions of VLC.  They all just hiss when receiving
the wav file.  How robustly have the test-apps (testWAVAudioStreamer
and testOnDemandRTSPServer) been tested?  In some cases, I can hear a
semblance of the original tune during the first second, but it quickly
becomes noise; could it be a packet-timing/network-bandwidth issue?

thanks,
matt