[Live-devel] streaming WAV files...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Apr 8 01:40:25 PDT 2004

>Seems the streaming of WAV files is a tad challenging.  I've been having a
>similar problem as another poster -- streaming mp3 works fine, but
>streaming WAV produces noise on the receiving end.  I've tried a few
>different wav files to be sure it's not the source

That's odd.

>How robustly have the test-apps (testWAVAudioStreamer and
>testOnDemandRTSPServer) been tested?

They've been tested a lot.  However, the audio in WAVaudio can have a
variety of different sample sizes, sampling frequencies, and number of
channels - and I suppose it's possible that there's some combination of
these parameters for which the test programs fail.

However, because you're having problems, could you please put one of your
failing WAV files on a web server, and send us the URL, so I can try to
figure out what's going wrong?

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>