[Live-devel] How to link USB cemera to this 'live' package

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Apr 8 01:48:24 PDT 2004

>   I want to transfer Real time Video through USB webcam using this 'Live'
>package ( in LINUX)..
>So in 'live' directory 'testprogs/ ' i had executed the followinf files
>(1)testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.cpp , (2) testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver.cpp
>
>Iam succesfully able to transfer Video 'mpg' files, from one system to
>another
>system. but, i want to link Webcam in (1)  program and at the receiveing end
>i should be able to view the live play.

You first need a (hardware or software) MPEG encoder, to convert raw video
frames (from your camera) into encoded (i.e., compressed) MPEG frames.

If (and only if!) you have a MPEG encoder, then please read
<http://www.live.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput> to see how to feed live
MPEG video to the test programs.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM