[Live-devel] streaming WAV files...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Apr 9 12:25:29 PDT 2004

OK, I've now found and fixed the problem.

The problem was, indeed, byte-order related.  After reading the samples
from the WAV file, I was converting them from 'host' to 'network' (i.e.,
big-endian) byte order before streaming them.  This was incorrect, because
the samples are always stored in the file in little-endian order.  The
correct thing to do was to convert them from little to big-endian order
prior to streaming.

I have now installed a new version (2004.04.09) of the "LIVE.COM Streaming
Media" code that fixes the problem.  "testWAVAudioStreamer" and
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" should now stream WAV audio files correctly, even
on big-endian machines (like the Mac).

Matt, thanks for bringing our attention to this problem.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>